Starting this week, we are no longer teaching in-person classes at Iyengar Yoga Zug, since all yoga classes in Switzerland have been cancelled.
We thought: this special time needs flexible solutions.
That’s why we offering online yoga classes, starting on Thursday, March 19. 2020. We have currently scheduled 9 classes per week, which is almost the same as we are usually teaching live.
A big thank you goes to Anna Dahinden, who initiated these online classes with her enthusiasm. Anna will be teaching most of the classes.
We hope that we can help you to stay calm and centered in these special weeks. Also, we are very grateful to you, if you can support our studio with your attendance to survive this crisis (as many other small independent businesses, the ban on events has hit us rather hard).
Online Yoga – here’s how it works
In a normal yoga class, we are close to each other and we can observe each other and provide feedback easily. Online, this is a bit different, and it needs some adaptations.
Online classes are new – both for us teachers as well as for you as participant. We are therefore going step by step and we will find out what works and what doesn’t work. We welcome all your feedback!
- We are teaching online yoga classes that are happening live at certain times, like our “normal” yoga classes. You can find the schedule on our website.
- You have to register online for each class. All cards and passes are valid.
- You need a mobile phone, tablet or a computer with a camera (yes, we will be correcting you!)
- The duration of a class is 75 minutes, which is slightly shorter than usual (we will not teach certain poses, like Sarvangasana/shoulder balance, because they require props which most people do not have at home).
- Please download the app “Zoom”: https://zoom.us/download (there are different versions for different devices). You only have to do this once.
- Register online for every class, either on our app or on our website.
- Attention: in the app, you can only register for a class if you have a valid pass. If you don’t have a valid pass, you can register on our website, where you can buy a new pass with your credit card.
- Prepare a place at home where you have enough space, and where you will not be disturbed.
- You need a mat, and maybe other props (see below) and a stable place for your mobile phone/tablet/computer. Take some time to install yourself before your first class.
- You will receive an email with a link for the online class. Each link is only valid for a single class.
During the online class
- Be present and practise with us, as in a normal yoga class.
You can borrow props from us during the next couple of weeks, so that you can participate in our online classes with good equipment, without having to buy everything ourself. Please let us know if you are interested in this.